1st Day: Cusco – Urcos – Tinqui – Upis
We will leave Cusco early in the morning by bus. On our way to Tinqui (3900m/12795f), we will pass little farms and enjoy the beautiful landscape. After a little picnic in Tinqui, we will start on foot towards the community of Upis (4400m/14436f). Along the way, we will meet local families who will show us some examples of their textile work, created to honor the nature and Andean symbols. We spend the night in Upis camping site, also the possibility to enjoy hot springs.
- Transport time: 04 hours
- Hiking time: 5 hours
2nd Day: Upis – Arapa pass – Yana cocha – Extreme Ausangate pass – Ausangate Lake
After breakfast, we will ascend towards the first pass called Arapa (4800m/15748f). Thereafter, we will descend towards Yana cocha and have a picknick. Our route continues ascending towards the Extreme Ausangate pass (4850m/15912f) and ends at the shore of the Ausangate Lake (4650m/15256f) where we will camp.
- Climate: cold
- Hiking time: 7 hours
3rd Day: Ausangate Lake – Palomani pass – Jampa
The 3rd day is both, the most beautiful and the most ardous one: we will first ascend towards the highest pass of this trek called the Palomani pass (5200m/17060f). From here, we will have an exceptional view of the mountains and glaciers of Ausangate. Thereafter, we will descend to the valley of Finaya Pampa and will finally arrive at our camping site called Jampa (4700m/15420f).
- Hiking time: 8 hours
4th Day: Jampa – Campa pass – Pacchanta
The highlight of this day is definitely the spectacular ascend to the Campa pass (5100m/16732f). Moreover, we will pass several lovely lagoons on the way to our camping site in Pacchanta (4350m/14270f). Here, we will visit the hot springs and will have a typical dinner.
- Hiking time: approx. 8 hours
5th Day: Pacchanta – Tinqui – Cusco
After breakfast, our trek continues towards the village Tinqui (3900m/12795f), from where we will take a bus back to Cusco. On the way, we will visit either Tipon or Saylla and have a typical dish of the region, such as guinea pig or chicharrón (grilled pork). (Typical dish of the region included)
- Hiking time: 3 hours
- Transport time: 4 hours
- Transport from the hotel to the town of Tinqui
- Return transport from Tinqui to Cusco
- Entrance to the Ausangate park
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- High quality camping equipment (professional tents, Doite model Cima 4, extra light/4,5kgs for two persons. Mattresses, eating tent with table and chairs, bathroom tent).
- Meals during the excursion (Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks/option vegetarian)
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Equestrian and mules, for all our camping equipment and personal luggage (Up to 8 kg.)
- Emergency horse (for minimal 2 persons)
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle
- Cold boiled water during the all trek.
- Breakfast on the first day.
- Sleeping bag (if you do not have a sleeping bag, there is the possibility of lending one)
Most of the people living in the region of Ausangate are very poor and live from breeding and cultivation. A small group of farmers and our agency want to help those people. A small voluntary donation can help them to buy for example clothes or school equipment. The families will be very grateful.
- We will climb up 5200m/17060f. Combined with extreme weather this trek can be hard work. We want you to remember this trek with a smile on you face, therefore, please ensure that you are well acclimatized, in good shape and healthy.
- Since the weather can be very cold and moisty, your clothes – once gotten wet – it will not dry at night. So take some clothes to change.
What do I need to bring?
- Backpack with rain shelter.
- Sleeping back.
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Rain pants and lightweight pants.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socksand a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
- Rainponcho and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tablets, toiletries and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original ISIC student card and extra money in soles.
- Since the weather can be very cold and moistly, your clothes – once gotten wet – it will not dry at night. So take some clothes to change.
1. Un depósito de $ 150 USD. Los depósitos se realizan a través del siguiente enlace de PayPal.
2.- Envía el dinero a través de WESTER UNION
(Una forma fácil y económica de enviar el depósito) https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Una vez que confirme su reserva de viajes, envíe el depósito a través de la página de Western Union o si tiene alguna agencia más cercana de esta empresa, envíenos el dinero en US $ a nombre de:
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Direccion:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Número Telefónico:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Oficina de Western Union:||Maruri street N° 310|