1st Day: Cusco – Mollepata (Cruz Pata) – Soraypampa – Salkantay pampa
We’ll leave Cusco at 5:45am. After passing the town Mollepata (3000m/9843f), we’ll head for Cruz Pata (3400m/11155f), where we’ll meet the rest of our trekking team, and begin hiking into a magnificent valley surrounded by impressive snow-capped mountains, such as the Humantay (5217m/17116f) and the Salkantay (6264m/20551f). Our campsite will be at Salkantay pampa (3900m/12795f).
- Transporting time: 4 hours
- Climate: moderate and cold during the night
- Hiking time: 6 hours
Optional: On the way to Soray Pampa, we strongly recommend making a 2-hour detour to see Humantay Lake and the snow-covered peak of Humantay. You’ll have to ascend from Soray Pampa (3900m/12800F) to Humantay (4220m/12800f).
2nd Day: Salkantay pampa – Salkantay pass – Sisay pampa
After breakfast, we’ll continue our journey around midmorning and head for the highest mountain pass in the park of Machu Picchu: the Salkantay pass (5200m/17060f). From there, we’ll have an exceptional view of the snow-capped Salkantay (6264m/20551). Afterwards, we’ll descend to the next campsite, Sisay pampa (3700m/12139f).
- Climate: Moderate and cold during the night
- Hiking time: 7 hours
3rd Day: Sisay pampa – Canal of the Inca – Wayllabamba
At dawn. our trek leads us to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We’ll pass little creeks and visit several small archeological sites. Our trek today ends at Wayllabamba (3000m/9843f), both our camping site and the starting point for the Classic Inca Trail the next morning.
- Climate: moderate and cold during the night
- Hiking time: 5 hours.
4th Day: Wayllabamba – Warmiwañusca – Pacaymayu
To maximize your enjoyment of the beautiful panorama and mystical atmosphere, our day starts early in the morning. Our trek takes us to the valleys of Yuncachimpa (3300m/10827f) and Lulluchapampa (3850/12631f) and finally to Warmiwañusca pass (4200m/13780f), which offers an impressive view of the snow-capped Verónica mountain. After a short break at the summit, we’ll continue hiking down to our campsite Pacaymayu (3500m/11483f).
- Climate: Cold
- Hiking time: 7 hours
5th Day: Pacaymayu – Runkurakay – Chaquicocha – Wiñayhuayna
We begin hiking after a delicious breakfast, and the anticipation of enjoying the most beautiful day of the trek. First, we’ll arrive at the archeological site of Runkurakay (3050m/10000f). Perched on a rocky outcrop, this site was supposed to be a “tambo,” a place for storing food and for messengers to rest.
We ascend to a pass at an altitude of 3950m/12960f, before descending to the ruins of Sayacmarca (3600m/11810f), a small city composed of a maze of narrow streets, houses, terraces, and fountains.
The path continues as we go by an Inca tunnel and then walk through a forest, before reaching the last pass, at an altitude of 3700m/12140f.
Below, we’ll see the ruin of Phuyupatamarca, “City Above the Clouds”, which includes an Inca relay station, impressive circular walls and an ingenious system of aqueducts that still supplies the baths with water.
We’ll enjoy a superb view of snow-capped peaks and the Urubamba Valley. Your descent to the other side is under a thick canopy of bamboo.
You’ll also see the extraordinary ruins of Wiñay Wayna (2650m/8694f) on a rocky spur in the heart of the forest and overlooking the Urubamba Valley. Dominated by a vast array of Inca terraces, the urban complex is separated in two by a grand staircase leading to a ceremonial area.
This is our campsite for the night.
- Climate: moderately cold, warm with mosquitoes
- Hiking time: 7 hours
6th Day: Wiñayhuayna – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
After our breakfast around 5:00 am, we’ll head – equipped with our flashlights – to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) to watch the sunrise over Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu. Around 8:00 am, we’ll visit the citadel of Machu Picchu (2400m//7874f) and enjoy its spiritual charm during a guided tour of about two hours. Afterwards, you’ll have time to explore the archeological site on your own. We’ll leave Aguas Calientes in the afternoon.
- Climate: warm with mosquitoes
- Hiking time: 02 hours
- Debreafing before to start trek 1 or 2 days in advance.
- Private transport from the hotel to Mollepata (Cruz Pata).
- Bus down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco/to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
- Entrance fees to the National Park of Salkantay, the Inca Trail and the Machu Picchu Sanctuary.
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Private Domes in our first encampement.
- Camping equipment (professional two-persons tents: Doite, model Cima 4, extra light/4kg, Doite, model Kailas 3, extra light/4.5kg and Doite, model Himalaya, extra light/4.5kg; sleeping mats, dining tent equipped with a table and chairs, a sanitary tent).
- Meals during the excursion (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks/ vegetarian option available on request).
- Chef and assistant cook.
- Horseman, mules and porters for up to 7kg/15lb of personal equipment per person.
- Emergency horse during the hike from Salkantay to Wayllabamba.
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Hot water every morning for washing purposes and boiled water to fill your water bottle every day in morning, lunch and dinner time.
- Sleeping bag (If you don’t have a sleeping bag, you can rent a warm sleeping bag for $5.00 USD per day).
- Last lunch in Aguas Calientes on 6 Day.
Note: From Day 1 – Day 2 (from Cruz Pata to Wayllabamba), we are accompanied by horsemen and mules to carry all camping equipment and one piece of personal luggage of up to 7 kg/15lb per person. From Day 4 – Day 6 (from Wayllabamba to Aguas Calientes), all equipment including the customer’s personal luggage will be carried by porters.
Important: The combination of the Salkantay trek and the classic Inca trail is important to book months in advance, especially for the high season from May to September. This is due to the legal limit of 500 people permitted per day to start the Inca Trail, including trekkers, guides, cooks and porters.
What to bring?
- Backpack with rain cover (30- or 40-liter capacity is sufficient).
- Clothing for both warm and cold climates.
- Trekking shoes/boots.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen/synthetic socks and a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved T-shirts.
- Rain poncho/waterproof jacket and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, toilet paper, hand cleaner/disinfecting alcohol gel and personal toiletries.
- Camera (with rain protection), a flash light/headlamp and extra batteries.
- Snacks (e.g. chocolate bars and dried fruit)
- Original passport, original ISIC student card (to receive the student discount) and extra money in soles.
- The climate can be very cold and wet, so your wet clothes won’t have enough time to dry. Take extra clothes.
During the high season (May to August), it is difficult to ensure the exact date of departure desired – there may be only availability the day before or after. We will of course do our best to ensure the best service, but we must adhere to the daily people limits policy established on this tour.
- On Day 1 – Day 3 (from Marcoccasa to La Playa), we are accompanied by horsemen and mules to carry all camping equipment and one personal item up to 7kg/15lb per person. On the fourth day, all luggage will be transferred to the Hydroelectric train station by car.
- Visit to Wayna Picchu: Wayna Picchu requires booking months in advance and an additional charge $70.00USD to guarantee your entrance per a new Peruvian law as the 18th of February, 2018.
- Tips for horseman, cooks and guides are always welcome. The horsemen are also grateful for a small donation of clothes or school supplies for their children.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- We require an immediate deposit of $150.00USD for all bookings.
- For all tours and treks, the balance must be paid in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the program. If you want to pay the balance in the office of XTreme Tourbulencia, we only accept cash payment. Failure to pay the trek balance will result in tour cancellation.
- If you decide to cancel during the briefing 2 days prior to departure, you must pay the full amount of the trek. XTreme Tourbulencia, however, will cover the expenses for the hotel and train ticket to visit Machu Picchu. This offer must be confirmed in writing at the briefing.
- You may cancel the booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by email@example.com. All reservations cancelled less than 15 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to a cancellation fee
- The entrance fees are non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure.
- If the traveler makes the decision to abandon the excursion during the program, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. XTreme Tourbulencia does not cover the expenses made by the traveler for the hotel and the transport back to Cusco or to Aguas Calientes, as well as a hotel in Aguas Calientes. Also, the traveler will be accompanied by a representative of XTreme Tourbulencia back to the train station.
- Certain services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, service suppliers, XTreme Tourbulencia or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
- To receive the student discount of $20.00USD, we require a copy of a university student card with valid expiration date and picture. It is very important to bring your original student card to validate the discount. In the event that we don’t receive the scanned copy of the student card along with your reservation form, we will process your reservation at the full, adult price.
- If XTreme Tourbulencia doesn’t confirm the reservation, the deposit will be refunded.
- In the case of force majeur, when a trek cannot start or be completed, XTreme Tourbulencia will find an alternative route to go to Machu Picchu. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked excursion, XTreme Tourbulencia will refund the difference.
|Period before departure written notification is received.||Cancellation fee as a percentage of the holiday price|
|6 days or less.||100%|
1. Un depósito de $ 150 USD. Los depósitos se realizan a través del siguiente enlace de PayPal.
2.- Envía el dinero a través de WESTER UNION
(Una forma fácil y económica de enviar el depósito) https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Una vez que confirme su reserva de viajes, envíe el depósito a través de la página de Western Union o si tiene alguna agencia más cercana de esta empresa, envíenos el dinero en US $ a nombre de:
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Direccion:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Número Telefónico:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Oficina de Western Union:||Maruri street N° 310|